|Location: The Americas
Solution Consultant (Design Center)
Provides leadership and a senior level solution consulting service in customer project; ability to understand customer's business and technical needs and ability to translate them into a solution.
Main Responsibility Area:
Provides senior level solution consulting service, having expertise in one or more areas; acts as a source of expertise for colleagues. Designs and leads the identification and specification of complex business solutions in complex customer environment. Organises and runs workshops with the NSN key customers as part of marketing initiatives.
The Solution Consultant
- Proposes and specifies Cloud Data Center designs, incl. the related maintenance and operational processes for the customer.
- Develops solution descriptions for customer proposal.
- Organizes and execute customer workshops
- Supports pres-ales cases by answering RFPs/RFIs or by participating in customer engagements.
- Supports sales organization with offer descriptions and cost/price calculation
- Contributes to the development of new services around the Cloud Data Center.
- Permanently improves the design, delivery, maintenance and operational delivery processes with target of highly automated and tool supported execution.
- Enables and train new team members.
- BS in engineering, computer science from a reputable institution, MBA will be added advantage
- 5+ years in the IT industry and service business
- ITIL Expert Certification
- Strong technical consulting experience and references
- Detailed knowledge of IT architectures, procedures and methods
- Understanding of Cloud Data Center related products and technology
- Knowledge and understanding of Telco/Enterprise Cloud architecture
- Excellent understanding of networking and ability to capture and analyze any erroneous scenarios
- Excellent presentation skills to share the experiences and lessons learned to other team members
- Entrepreneurial spirit and sense of personal responsibility
- Desire to learn new skills and new technologies
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of self-motivation and maturity
- Team Player
- Experienced to work with minimal supervision
- Creative and problem solving mind-set
- Prioritization and project management techniques
- Customer support oriented
- Effective communication; internal and external
- Fluent English is essential
Good knowledge and experience on the underlying products and technologies:
- Understanding of Cloud stacks and main features / use cases (OpenStack, VMware)
- Advanced Storage technologies (e.g. HP, EMC)
- Main SDN use cases ( Data center SDN, WAN SDN, Service chaining)
- Juniper Contrail, Brocade SDN controllers, open Daylight, ALU Nuage would be bonus!
- Virtual networking concepts
- Data center redundancy, backup and restore, disaster recovery, high availability
- Virtualization concepts and specifications acc. to ETSI NFV
- Understanding of LINUX platforms and distributions (e.g. RedHat, Wind River)
- Basic knowledge on blade server architecture (e.g. HP, vBlock, …)
- Cloud management platforms (e.g. vRealize, CloudForms)
- Orchestration and Automation concepts (scaling, life cycle management …)
- Certifications preferred (e.g. VMware, Juniper, Cisco, HP …)
- ITIL framework and how this can be applied for cloud transformation
To apply for this position, fill out this form and upload a copy of your resume. The preferred format is .pdf or .doc.